As part of the activities related to Europe Day, EUROPE DIRECT Gozo organised a business breakfast on Friday, 13th May 2022 at the Grand Hotel, Mġarr (Gozo).
The main objective of the event was be to provide an overview of the Next Generation EU with the input of different EU networks.
The Next Generation EU is more than just a recovery plan for EU Member States to recover from the pandemic. It is a plan to transform our economies, create opportunities and jobs for the Europe where we want to live. Also, it is a plan to make Europe greener, more digital and more resilient. This recovery plan is an investment of €806.9 billion. It is a budget fit not only for today’s realities but also for tomorrow’s uncertainties. The event focused specifically on the Recovery and Resilience Plans which are an integral part of the NextGenerationEU, with a specific emphasis on the national Recovery and Resilience Plan.
A big thanks goes to our speakers and panelists:
– Theresa Zahra, Acting Head of the European Commission Representation in Malta
– Dr Mario Sammut, Head of the European Parliament Liaison Office in Malta
– Hon Dr Chris Bonett, Parliamentary Secretary responsible for European Funds
– Luca Aguzzoni, European Commission, Recovery and Resilience Task Force
– Maria Pia Pace, Director General, Strategy and Implementation Division, Ministry for the Economy, European Funds and Lands
– Paul Zahra, Permanent Secretary, Ministry for the Economy, European Funds and Lands
– Joe Muscat, Vice Chairman Gozo Regional Committee
– Mario Borg, CEO of the Gozo Regional Development Authority
– Steve Ellul, Policy Advisor.
A special thanks also goes to the moderator, Keith Demicoli.
The agenda of the event can be accesses here.